Special Education FAQs

  • Spanish translation of FAQs is in process. 
    Until it is complete, please click on the website's "Translate" button at the top right corner and select "Spanish."

    La traducción al español de preguntas frecuentes está en proceso.
    Hasta que esté completo, haga clic en el botón "Translate" del sitio web en la esquina superior derecha y seleccione "Spanish."

  • What are you doing about Special Needs students learning?

  • Will lessons be adapted?

  • How will students get IEPs?

  • How will IEPs be held?

  • When can I expect my child to be assessed?

  • What if my child doesn’t do well with online learning?

  • How does the Learning House or Distance Learning options impact students who are in the Reaching Independence in a Structured Education class (RISE) and the Counseling Enriched Program (CEP) programs at the secondary level? Can students still receive all the same services if they opt for Learning House, or do they need to stay with their CEP or RISE class/cohort?

  • Will my child’s Related Service Providers (Speech, OT, ERMHS counseling, APE, etc) change if they are in Learning House or Distance Learning?

  • I am an adult student in an 18-22 transition program. How will my services be provided remotely?

  • What if my child attends a Non Public School or Sonoma County Office of Education Program?